Whether you prefer smoking tobacco or cannabis, vaping has revolutionized the smoking process. Instead of inhaling nasty, gross smoke by burning ground-up leaves, vaping toasts your preferred smoking plant to create a safer, better-tasting vapor that is easily inhaled. However, with vapes, comes the responsibility of cleaning them. With these maintenance tips from your favorite smoke shop Tempe, you’ll be able to keep your vape in excellent, working condition for years to come.
Care & Maintenance Tips for Your New Vape Device
There are three main components to every vaping device:
- The tank, also known as the cartridge, contains the eLiquid.
- The coil is the heating element that transforms eLiquid into vapor.
- The battery provides power to the device.
Some custom rigs or mods may have additional parts or more sophisticated components, so it’s essential to look at any user guide that came with your device. While you won’t need to clean the battery, there are some tips to make sure its charge lasts as long as advertised.
Caring for your vape, in essence, means caring for these parts regularly, for instance, every time you change eLiquid flavors. Cleaning during this transition will help ensure that there is no flavor contamination.
Otherwise, you should be giving your vape a basic cleaning every week with a more thorough deep clean every couple of weeks or once a month. If the device isn’t performing up to expectations or there’s evident flavor contamination, feel free to move up your regularly scheduled cleaning.
Between schedule cleanings, there are additional ways to maintain the integrity of your vape device and keep it running:
- Always keep an ideal level of eLiquid.
- Safely store the device when not in use.
- Store your e-juice or e-liquid hidden from direct sunlight and hot temperatures.
Cleaning the Tank on Your Vape
As an essential process of maintaining your vape device, you should give the tank a regular cleaning at least once a week. This process is relatively quick and will help provide your device a long life:
- Pour warm water into a bowl.
- Detach the tank from the device.
- Remove any remaining eLiquid from the tank.
- Disassemble the tank completely.
- Submerge the tank parts in the warm water.
- Brush tank components until completely clean.
- If you’re struggling with cleaning off all dirt or gunk, add a couple of drops of dish soap to
the warm water.
- Dry off each component.
- Air dry for at least 10 minutes.
- Reassemble tank and continue using your vape as usual.
For a deeper clean, you can also use a vodka-soaked rag or towel to scrub any hardened gunk on the tank. Rubbing alcohol works great for this, and is pretty cheap at the drugstore, but any high-proof, non-flavored vodka will do.
Replacing the Vape Coil
Even with regular cleaning and maintenance, at some point in your vape’s life span, you will need to replace the coil. As the coil is an electronic device, you won’t be able to clean them – a splash of water will cause the device to burn out.
You’ll need to replace the coil any time you notice any of the signs of irreparable damage:
- The coil is crusted, visually dark, or looks damaged.
- A distinct burnt taste when vaping, even if you’ve recently cleaned your device.
- You’re experiencing atomizer leakage.
- The vape device is no longer producing as much as vapor as it used to.
Luckily, changing the coil is a simple process:
- Remove the tank and coil from the device.
- Screw in the new coil, careful to not overtighten.
Visit HQ Vape & Smoke in Tempe Today!
If you’re ready to join the vaping revolution, make sure to stop by the best vape shop Tempe, HQ Vape & Smoke. We have the products, knowledge, and customer service expertise to make sure your vape device is the perfect choice for you and your lifestyle!
Image Credit: Shutterstock/Hazem.m.kamal